Golf tourism in Pakistan caters to a specific demographic in the country. Since it is not on the World Golfing circuit yet, it has yet to mature as a viable tourism option fully. With 45 scenic golf courses, ranging from the Himalayan slopes to the Arabian coast, and a diverse culture, this country is a promising candidate for inclusion on the golfing calendar. I will provide a detailed guide of golf tourism facilities here in this article.
“Golf is a game whose objective is to hit a tiny ball into an equally smaller hole with weapons specifically unsuited for this task,” Winston Churchill
Major Golf Clubs in Pakistan
Commercial golf clubs in Pakistan offer an extensive selection of golf equipment for enthusiasts and professionals alike. Whether you’re searching for the latest golf clubs, accessories, or apparel, these establishments have you covered. They provide a wide range of options to cater to your specific needs. To help you navigate the golfing landscape, here’s a list of golf clubs in Pakistan where you can find the best commercial golf equipment, ensuring you have everything required to enjoy your time on the fairways and greens.
1. Margalla Greens Golf Club of Islamabad
Situated just below Margalla Hills, this course is popular among both locals and visitors to Pakistan alike. Its 18-hole golf course provides breathtaking views all the way to Shah Faisal Mosque with the Common Indian Leopard sanctuary very close by. This makes playing here special for foreigners residing inside Pakistan and tourists alike. it is considered as one of the best golf courses in Pakistan.
2. Rawalpindi Golf Club
Established during the nineteenth century with the assistance of local convicts from Adiala Jail, Rawalpindi Golf Club features 27 holes on pristine greens that support an ecosystem full of exotic birds and flowers.
3. Lahore Gymkhana Golf Club
Established in 1878, Lahore Gymkhana Golf Club is one of Pakistan’s oldest golf clubs and can be found within an equally historical Gymkhana complex. Lahore is known for its verdant gardens – something Lahore Gymkhana Golf Course can boast about too.
4. Karachi Golf Club
Situated along a wetland patch that leads directly into the Arabian Sea, this club stands out as having an exquisite setting. It was established in 1888 and offers 27 holes, built to host national and international championships. People particularly enjoy taking boat trips into the sea at the conclusion of an 18-hole course!
5. Bhurban Golf Course
Situated atop Pakistan’s first hilltop station, this 9-hole golf course provides breathtaking views of its surrounding hills and landscape. Golfers find this course popular because they can relax while their family members go trail hiking, tea partying or camping out in peace on its grounds.
6. PAF Peshawar Golf Club
Peshawar Golf Club provides an ideal platform from which to explore Pakistan’s must-see attractions such as its Darra gun market and Khyber Pass. Featuring 18-holes spread out over 444 acres, this course often hosts professional tour-level tournaments on its roster of events.
7. Rumanza Golf and Country Club
Rumanza Golf and Country Club Multan with imported grass has quickly become the envy of all Pakistan’s golfers. Multan itself is an ancient city full of charm, when combined with 18-hole play at this gorgeous course, it becomes an absolute must for Golfers visiting Pakistan. It was specially designed by Sir Nick Faldo as a PGA course spanning 7,000 square yards.
Pakistan Golf Green Fees
Green fees at Pakistani golf courses vary considerably based on factors like location, facilities and assistance provided. While these are approximate prices, Pakistani Golf Courses tend to be significantly less costly than elsewhere around the globe.
Green Fees for foreigners at Golf Courses
The following are the Weekend Green fees for Major Golf courses in Pakistan:-
- E-8 Margalla Greens Islamabad Golf Club is Pak PKR 3000
- The Mall Lahore Gymkhana Golf Club charges PKR 4000
- Golf Club of Karachi charges PKR 4800 per 18 Holes Green Fee.
- Bhurban Golf Course in Murree costs PKR 5500 (Pakistani Dual Nationals allowed)
- PAF Peshawar Golf Club Cantonment charges are PKR 3000
- Rumanza Golf and Country Club Multan charges between PKR 5,040-7,000.
Green Fees for Locals
Green fee for locals Golf players with an affiliate membership is a Nominal Rs 500-600 approximately all over Pakistan
These are among Pakistan’s Top Golfers.
Our discussion on Golf Tourism in Pakistan will not be complete without mentioning Top local Talent. These Pakistan’s best golfers live and breathe golf, competing in each tournament held within Pakistan.
- Omar Khalid
At 16 years old he won Pakistan’s youngest National Amateur Champion title and now ranks highest on the World Amateur Golf Rankings (WAGR).
- Salman Jahangir
One of Pakistan’s premier golfers, Salman has amassed multiple national championship titles since starting to compete professionally in 2011.
- Matloob Ahmed
Matloob Ahmad has won both national and international tournaments over his tenure.
President of the Golf Federation
Every golfer wants to know who runs the Golf show in Pakistan, So, Lt Gen Qazi Muhammed Ikram (Retd), currently serves as President of the Pakistan Golf Federation (PGF). Under his direction, PGF organizes competitions throughout the year.
Annual Calendar of Tournaments by Pakistan Golf Federation (PGF)
PGF hosts numerous golf competitions each year. Below is a selection of some of its notable tournaments:
These tournaments are held in better weather between September to November and have a huge participation.
- From August 10-13th at Karachi’s Defense Authority Country and Golf Club will take place the Independence Day Cup Open (IDCO).
- Azadi Cup Night Golf Tournament is held from August 14-15 by Rumanza Golf and Country Club Golf Course in Multan.
- Karachi Golf Club will host the 50th Pakistan Open Golf Championship from September 6-10th.
- CNS Open Golf Championship is from September 13-17 at Karachi Golf Club
- Lahore Gymkhana Golf Club will host the 43rd Punjab Open Championship from October 5-8th.
- Rawalpindi Golf Club will host the Prime Minister Open Championship from October 9-15
- Karachi’s Defence Authority Country and Golf Club will host DHA Open from November 2-5.
Routine Annual Tournaments
In January are the:-
- CAS Open Golf Open
- DHA Lahore Golf Club
- Pakistan Open Golf Tournament.
- PGF International Golf Championship
- Royal Palm Golf Club Open
- DHA Open at Rawalpindi Golf Club
- Golf Championship of Pakistan Navy
- Garrison Golf Club Open
- Air Force Golf Tournament
- Karachi Golf Club Open
In May only Lahore Gymkhana Golf Club Conducts is Open
June is Catered to by:-
- PAF Golf Club Open Islamabad
- Open Sindh Golf Club (OSGC)
July is about the Twin cities:-
- Islamabad Golf Club Open
- Rawalpindi Golf Club Open.
Reviews of Golf Courses in Pakistan
- “Pakistan is an undiscovered gem for golf tourism,” noted Mukarram, a Pro-golfer.
- “The country features some of the most breathtaking courses available anywhere and its people are warm and friendly”. William Carlyle, a tourist from USA.
- “Pakistan is an essential destination for golf tourists,” declared Ali, a local full time Professional.” The country offers world-class courses, breathtaking scenery and delectable cuisine – making for an irresistibly tempting tour experience!”
Pakistan stands out as an outstanding golf travel destination, boasting world-class courses and stunning landscapes to go along with warm people who make this country such an enjoyable travel experience.
Let guidetopakistan handle your Golfing Leisure needs.
“(golfing) success depends more upon mental strength than physical” Arnold Palmer